SPN Logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
linchao  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 7, 2019 2:34:36 AM(UTC)
linchao

ALLEN PARK Leonard Floyd Color Rush Jersey , Mich. (AP)Matthew Stafford zipped a quick pass out to the right, his timing and accuracy seemingly unaffected by windy, rainy practice conditions. Detroit’s passing game looks poised to take off during the second half of this season, but there are some factors beyond the Lions’ control. Such as the elements. The forecast calls for clear conditions Sunday when Detroit plays at Chicago, but Stafford can never be too sure about that when on the road against the Bears. So it made some sense that the Lions were practicing outside in the rain Wednesday. Although their home games are indoors, they have four road trips still to come in the regular season, starting this weekend. ”I played in a bunch of games there. I played early in the season, played late in the season,” Stafford said. ”You never know what you’re going to get. That’s how we’ll prepare. You got to go out there and see the way the game’s unfolding, see the way the weather is either affecting the game or not affecting the game.” The Lions lost 17-14 at Chicago early last season and were held without an offensive touchdown. Detroit is 3-5 there during Stafford’s career Eric Kush Jersey , and he’s thrown for over 300 yards only once at Chicago, in a 37-13 loss in 2011. Stafford attempted 63 passes and was intercepted four times in that game. The Lions probably won’t throw that many times this weekend, but make no mistake, they’re still heavily reliant on Stafford, his receivers, and the offensive line’s ability to protect the quarterback. Detroit is 29th in the league in rushing, and although the Lions averaged 5.5 yards per run in a win over Cleveland last weekend, they leaned on Stafford with the game on the line. After falling behind 24-17 late in the third quarter, Detroit ran the ball twice in its next 13 offensive plays, scoring two touchdowns to go back ahead. Rookie Kenny Golladay had back-to-back catches of 14 and 50 yards in his first game back from a hamstring injury. ”The thing about this league is you have to https://www.thebearsfanshop.com/Roquan-Smith-Jersey , when you get one-on-one opportunities, you got to be able to win some,” coach Jim Caldwell said. ”I think our guys on the outside, not just Kenny, but I think Marvin (Jones Jr.) is the same way. They’ll force you to get in situations where there’s 50-50 balls, and if we win our share, obviously you may have to do a couple things a little differently in order to handle them.” Tight end Eric Ebron had a crucial touchdown catch Sunday, joining Golladay and Jones to provide good secondary receiving options for Stafford. Golden Tate remains Detroit’s top receiver with 56 catches for 659 yards on the season, and it now looks like he’ll have plenty of help down the stretch. ”We’ve got plays that can help everybody get the ball in their hands, and I just don’t see how you’re going to guard all of us effectively Eddie Goldman Color Rush Jersey ,” Tate said. ”I think whenever I’m getting doubled, someone else is going to be wide open, and so on. We’re excited. I think this time of the season is when we usually start to peak, and that’s what I’m expecting this year. It’s getting later in the season. We’re in the third quarter of the season. It’s time for us to string a few games together.” NOTES: OL T.J. Lang participated fully in practice after missing last weekend’s game because of a concussion. … DE Ezekiel Ansah (back) and RB Dwayne Washington (hip) missed practice. … The Lions acquired LB Kasim Edebali via waivers from Denver. Detroit waived DE George Johnson, who had just been signed the previous day. — CHICAGO (AP) — Mitchell Trubisky locked in right from the start, whether he was firing downfield or making the right read underneath the defense.It added up to one of his best performances as a pro, not to mention a rare win for Chicago against Detroit and an NFC North rival.Trubisky threw for a career-high 355 yards and three touchdowns, and the first-place Bears beat the Lions 34-22 to snap a 10-game losing streak against division opponents on Sunday.Article continues below ...The Bears (6-3) had dropped nine of 10 against Detroit (3-6) and were seeking their first victory over a division opponent since Oct. 31, 2016, against Minnesota.Chicago jumped out to a 26-7 halftime lead with Trubisky and Allen Robinson leading the way. And the Bears surpassed their win total from last year with their third straight victory .“We were just out there having fun today Marcus Cooper Jersey ,” Trubisky said. “Everyone was doing their job. We just went out there and played. And the plays made themselves because we were just going out there not thinking, just translating the work from practice on gameday.”Though he threw for six touchdowns against Tampa Bay earlier this season, Trubisky had one of his best games since the Bears took him with the No. 2 pick in the 2017 draft.He completed 23 of 30 passes and finished with a 148.6 rating. He also ran for a 4-yard touchdown.“He’s playing his tail off right now,” coach Matt Nagy said. “I love where he’s at.”Allen Robinson caught six passes for 133 yards and two TDs after missing two games with a groin injury.Rookie Anthony Miller added a career-high 122 yards on five receptions, including a 45-yard TD and a 55-yard catch.Khalil Mack had two of Chicago’s six sacks against Matthew Stafford — both in the second half after missing back-to-back games with an injured right ankle.Bryce Callahan had a sack and an interception.About the only downer for the Bears was Cody Parkey hitting uprights while missing two extra points and two field goals.Things were so bad for him that fans cheered sarcastically when he made an extra point late in the first half and let out a loud roar when the Bears went for a 2-point conversion after a touchdown by Robinson in the third.“Of course (coaches are) frustrated with me but who’s more frustrated than myself?” Parkey said. “This is my job, this is what I’m supposed to do and I’m missing out there. So I mean I’ve just got to trust in what I’m doing.”Parkey’s misses didn’t stop the Bears from opening a three-game stretch against division opponents on a winning note.Detroit dropped its third in a row after back-to-back victories.Stafford was consistently under pressure again after getting sacked 10 times against Minnesota the previous week. He was 25 of 42 for 274 yards, two touchdowns and a pair of interceptions.“We’re fighting, nobody can say we’re not fighting until the very end,” said running back Kerryon Johnson, who scored from the 1 near the end of the first half.“Problem is we start off slow and then the fight at the end doesn’t matter. We just have to come out https://www.thebearsfanshop.com/Kyle-Fuller-Jersey , and get better at the beginning. Keep on doing what we’re doing at the end and put it all together.”STRONG STARTTrubisky had a 158.3 rating at halftime after going 14 of 16 for 209 yards and two touchdowns with the Bears predominantly in a no-huddle offense.Coming off a 41-9 romp at Buffalo, Chicago scored on its first four possessions to grab a 26-0 lead. Robinson set up Tarik Cohen’s 3-yard touchdown on the game’s opening drive when he turned a slant into a 35-yard gain, breaking a tackle by DeShawn Shead on a 35-yard slant. Parkey hit the right upright on the extra-point attempt. But the Bears kept rolling from there.KICKED OUTNagy insisted he still trusts Parkey and the Bears won’t look to bring in another kicker.“There’s zero chance of that happening,” he said.Nagy also dismissed the idea of having Parkey practice at Soldier Field during the week, saying “it’s pretty windy up at Halas Hall” in suburban Lake Forest, where the team is headquartered.INJURIESLions: TE Michael Roberts suffered a shoulder injury when he was tackled making a 9-yard catch early in the fourth quarter. … WR Marvin Jones Jr. hurt a knee.UP NEXTLions: Host Carolina on Nov. 18.Bears: Host Minnesota on Nov. 18.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed